The Maldives is made up of 1190 islands it might sound pretty wild but the Maldives consist of 11190 islands but what’s even more amazing is the fact that every single luxury resort that’s available in the Maldives is actually situated on its own island that’s pretty cool isn’t it.
- The Maldives is the world’s lowest country. The Maldives has a ground level elevation or height above sea level about 1.5 metres or 4 feet 11 inches the highest region in the island country is only 2.4 metres or 7 feet 10 inches high and because of this there are concerns about the effects of rising sea levels and the dangers of flooding on the island however the government in the Maldives have put measures in place to protect both peoples lives and properties from the threat posed by rising sea levels.
- The Maldives is predominantly a Muslim country that’s right it’s important to know that the Maldives is a Muslim country Andover 90% of its population is predominantly Muslim. Why is this important well what it means is that alcoholic beverages are prohibited from being brought into the country so when packing for your travels you might want to leave that bottle of Scotch at home. The good news for lovers of vintage alcoholic beverages is you can get a variety of alcoholic drinks from the resort you choose to lodge at cheap prices.
- All the drinks are cheap a luxury island resort isn’t travelling to the Maldives and having a good time can cost money if you’re flying from the US or Europe you can spend as much as $450 per person on flight tickets alone luxury resorts on the island don’t come cheap either with daily rates starting from $200 local transportation is either by sea, plane or ferry. If you go by ferry you can pay as low as 350 per person while the ferries are not particularly comfortable the experience of meeting new and interesting people as well as the wildlife you get to see like Dolphins whales and sharks can also be pretty fun you can easily visit other islands in the country as well.
- Resorts in the Maldives are super cooperative forget about the competition when you come to the Maldives as resorts actually recommend that you visit other resorts in the rest of the islands that make up the country they’ll even help you with the booking and reservation process at other resorts this is so cool and gives you the opportunity to go to as many islands as possible during your stay in the country.
- Maldives is rich in exotic sea life if you’re interested in sea life then going to the Maldives may be the best decision you ever make this island country is rich in sea life and between the second and fourth quarter of the year your chances of witnessing wild Manta Rays, whales and sharks is very high there are boating trips that are organised to give you a closer view of these beautiful animals and to satisfy your hunger for wildlife exploration and adventure.
- You can kill three birds with one stone try visiting neighbouring countries like India and Sri Lanka the Maldives has India and Sri Lanka as its neighbours so if you ever take a trip to the Maldives you might as well visit great destination sites in these other two countries as well.
- The Maldives has great weather all through the year in the Maldives the weather is fantastic all year round you haven’t been a rainfall from time to time but not enough to dampen your travel experience and expectations most of the time you’re left with bright blue skies and sunshine to keep you in the mood for exploration and adventure no need to work on sunshine here.
- You can get bargain deals after April for most travellers to the Maldives the period between December and April is the most active there are lots of tourists during this time and making reservations at a resort of your choice may be a little more expensive.
- Resorts in Maldives offer Snorkelling guides. So you can enjoy the underwater world and swim with fishes. Some resorts have well trained guides who can help you to choose the best spots.
So don’t forget to visit Maldives and stay tuned with us for more such interesting information.